VIVIANA CLOUD BOX
- USB-A 2.0 data input only
- Multi-function Power button
- USB-C power input only
- Battery status LED
- Box status LED
The Viviana Cloud box lets you upload files to your Dropbox account cloud service straight from a recorder or a card reader plugged into its USB-A 2.0 (1) port.
There are two USB ports available on the box:
- USB-A 2.0 (1) data only, connect here your recorder
- USB-C (3) power only, connect here your power source to recharge the battery. This can be either a Sound Device recorder series 8, a power bank or a power adapter set to DC 5V and 1A.
The box has a battery that allows you to upload your files without being connected to a power source through USB c port (3).
The battery has been tested to last up to 4 hours of continuous uploading under standard conditions.
You can check the battery status on the Viviana Cloud app on your smartphone.
We recommend to start recharging the battery as soon as the remaining charge is low and the box status LED (5) starts blinking red.
SETTING UP YOUR VIVIANA CLOUD BOX
You can set up your Viviana Cloud by using the Viviana Cloud app (iOs 14 only for now) on your smartphone. Search for “Viviana Cloud” on the Apple App Store.
A Viviana Cloud app for Android phones is currently under development.
- Switch on your Viviana Cloud box and wait for the box status LED (5) to start blinking green and blue.
- Make sure bluetooth is set to “on” on your smartphone
- Open the Viviana Cloud app
- Tap on the “Box” tab on the app. You will see the Viviana Cloud box listed.
- Tap on the Viviana Cloud box in the app, and add your Wi-Fi credentials (Wi-Fi network name and password): the box will connect right away. Be mindful: for security reasons, Viviana Cloud does not support public Wi-Fi networks where you are supposed to insert your credentials through a webpage.
- Log in to your Dropbox storage account. Just click on “login” and follow the instructions. At the moment Viviana Cloud works only with Dropbox. More services are going to be available soon.
- You are ready to go!
Battery status LED (4)
The LED may show two colours: red and green.
- The LED is red when the box is charging. Please wait until it shows green.
- The LED is green when the battery is completely charged. You are ready to go!
Box status LED (5):
The LED may show three colours: green, blue and red. They may be fixed, or blinking with multiple patterns.
1. The LED is green and fixed when Viviana Cloud is good to go.
It means that the Wi-Fi is connected, no upload is in progress and the battery level is good.
2. The LED is green and blue blinking when the Wi-Fi connection is not set. Please set up the Wi-Fi network from your Vivana Cloud app.
Open the app, tap on the box tab, select “Change Wi-Fi” and insert your credentials. Be mindful: for security reasons, Viviana Cloud does not support public Wi-Fi networks where you are supposed to insert your credentials through a webpage.
3. The LED is blue and blinks intermittently after being fixed for a few seconds when the Viviana Cloud box is starting up. It means that the system is setting up after you switched on the box. Please wait until it shows green.
4. The LED is blue and green blinking at low speed (1 time / second) when it’s ready for changing the Wi-Fi network through the Viviana Cloud app on your phone.
5. The LED is blue and blinking at high speed (5 times / second) when an upload is in progress. Once the Viviana Cloud box finishes the upload, the blue LED will stop blinking, and it will turn to fixed green.
6. The LED is red and fixed when there is a critical error.
For some reason the box has freezed. Please force the Viviana box to power off by pressing the multi-function power button (2) for 10 seconds. Then switch it back on.
If the problem persists, please contact the customer care support email@example.com and we will sort it out for you.
7. The LED is red and blinking at low speed(1 time / second) when the battery level is low. Please charge your Viviana Cloud box as soon as you can.
8. The LED is red and is blinking at high speed (5 times / second) when the battery is critically low. The Viviana box will switch off automatically after 2 minutes if you don’t charge the battery.
MULTI-FUNCTION POWER BUTTON (2)
- Short press the power button once to start the Viviana Cloud box
- Press the button for 4 seconds to switch off the Viviana Cloud box
- Short press the button 5 times to reset the Wi-Fi of Viviana Cloud box. Please allow no more than 1 second of delay between each press. The box status LED (5) will start blinking green and blue at low speed.
- Press the button for 10 seconds to force power off in case the Vivana Cloud box is blocked.
AUTOMATIC POWER OFF
To improve its battery lifespan, the Viviana Cloud box will automatically power off in the following two circumstances:
- after 20 minutes of low battery level status when no charger has been connected
- after 30 minutes of inactivity from the Viviana Cloud app when no charger has been connected
Viviana Cloud LTD can only guarantee that the box will function perfectly and operate safely if the generally standard safety precautions and box-specific safety notices on this sheet are observed.
The rechargeable battery integrated in the Viviana Cloud box must never be charged in an ambient temperature below 0 °C and above 40 °C.
Perfect functionality and safe operation can only be guaranteed for temperatures between -15 °C and +50 °C.
The Viviana Cloud box is not a toy. Keep it away from children and animals. Protect the Viviana Cloud box from extreme temperatures, heavy jolts, moisture, combustible gases, liquids, vapors and solvents.
The safety of the user can be compromised by the box if, for example, damage to it is visible, it doesn‘t work anymore as specified or it was stored for a longer period of time in unsuitable conditions.
When in doubt, the box must principally be sent in to the manufacturer for repairs or maintenance.
This product must not be disposed of together with your other household waste. It is your responsibility to dispose of this box at a special disposal station (recycling yard), at a technical retail center or at the manufacturer.
Size: 92mm x 75mm x 26mm
Temperature range: -15 °C to +50 °C
Built in rechargeable lithium polymer battery
- operating time up to 3 hrs continuously uploading
- Charging via USB-C (4,5 hrs)
- more than 3 years of battery life (depends on usage)
- Turn on the Wi-Fi on your smartphone
- Turn on bluetooth on your smartphone
- Choose the same mobile’s Wi-Fi that you configured into Viviana Cloud box
- Make sure the box and the smartphone are paired. Please try to short press the multi-function power button 5 times until you see the box status LED (5) blinking green and blue.
Make sure that the Viviana Cloud box is connected to a Wi-Fi network, and the box status LED (5) is fixed green.
Connect Viviana Cloud app to your Dropbox cloud storage service. At the moment Viviana Cloud only works with Dropbox. More services are going to be available soon.
Yes you can. The output of the USB power bank has to be at least DC 5V and 1A.
Yes you can. Viviana Cloud box works also with 5G broadband connection.
Yes you can. Instead of uploading straight from the recorder, you can use an external card reader.
The safety of your files is guaranteed by your Dropbox Cloud service provider. Viviana Cloud is not providing the cloud storage service at the moment. At the moment Viviana Cloud only works with Dropbox. More services are going to be available soon.
If you want to set up a new Wi-Fi network into the Viviana Cloud Box, just click 5 times the multi-function power button.
The Viviana Cloud box status LED (5) will start blinking green and blue at low speed, and the option “change Wi-Fi” will appear on screen on the Viviana Cloud app. Click on it and insert the new credentials.
The Wi-Fi network change will be complete when the LED will turn into fixed green.
The “change Wi-Fi” option will disappear from the screen of your mobile phone after 1 minute, so make sure you have all the credentials available.
Nothing. Just wait one minute for the on screen “change Wi-Fi” option to disappear, and go ahead working with the current Wi-Fi network. The box status LED will turn from blinking green and blue to fixed green.
The Viviana Cloud box has been tested to upload up to 100mbps in standard conditions.
The upload speed depends on many variables such as your internet service provider, your cloud storage service, your local Wi-Fi settings, the distance from the router and so on.
If the speed is slow, make sure that the Viviana Cloud box is as close as possible to your wireless router. This will drastically improve the upload speed.
Yes you can. Sound Devices recorders work with Viviana Cloud like magic!
Yes you can. Please press the multi-function power button for 10 seconds.
You will see a notification on your Viviana Cloud mobile phone app informing that you have to recharge the battery of the Viviana Cloud box. Also, the box status LED (5) will start blinking red at low speed.
You still have around 30 minutes before the battery goes into critical status.
You will receive a notification on your Viviana Cloud mobile phone app informing that the Viviana Cloud box will switch off automatically after 2 minutes. Also, the box status LED (5) will start blinking red at high speed.
You will have to fully charge the Viviana Cloud box battery or connect it to a power socket. Then you can restart uploading your files.
No, it is not waterproof. Please protect it from any sort of liquid.